Saturday, June 25, 2011

Earth laughs in flowers

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.  ~Terri Guillemets 
Did you know that there are almost 300,000 known species of blooming plants on the Earth?  I see this as direct evidence of God's hand in creation because I don't understand how that many types could have come to exist randomly. (I suppose the over 1,000,000 types of insects would have made my point even more strongly, but insects don't make me nearly as happy as flowers!)

I love everything about flowers: the vast variety of colors, the interesting shapes, the softness of the petals.  Pansies, peonies, petunias...I love them all, but my absolute favorites are wildflowers, those little surprises that pop up all over in spring and summer.  They beautifully illustrate what Emmerson meant when he said, "Earth laughs in flowers."

My wonderful sister, Michelle, took these lovely pictures of wildflowers.  I hope you enjoy them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear about what makes you happy or what you think of my blog! Where it says "Comment As", you can just click Name/URL and fill in your name. Thanks!